Saturday, September 8, 2007

I'm a blogger.

I love reading blogs...getting a glimpse into someones personal goings-on, doesn't get any better that that. I thought that since I enjoy reading them that I may enjoy having a little gem of my own. How do you go upon starting one of these things...just dive right in i guess.

The focus for the next little while will be....dun dun daa......jaw surgery. I am having jaw surgery on the 18th of September. Only a mere 10 days away. For those that are keen on orthognathic jargon, I am having a Lefort I for excess guminess and Bilateral Sagittal Split Osteotomy for mandibular advancement...I think. I am a little nervous and a little more excited to be finally having this done. I have been in braces for 3.5 years and on a surgical wait list for over 2 years. It is about time!!
I have been reading up and am determined to be as ready as possible for this undertaking. I am making lists of everything that I may need in the post-op weeks. I will be "wired" shut....not really with wires but with thick elastics but I wasn't sure if i could say elasticted, elasticized maybe...not sure. Anyway, "wired" shut for an estimated 2 weeks. Yuk! But in the end this will all be worth it and I will be able to smile with a huge teethy smile all of the time.

Bloggin is fun! To come...a little more about me and continued rants on my anal preparedness as I head into surgery.

No comments: