Thursday, September 13, 2007

You laugh because I'm different...I laugh cause I just farted!

Five more things about me...

  1. I enjoy the smell of gasoline...don't get me wrong you won't find me behind the local fill up station garbage bin with a brown paper bag...but I am not one to pass up a sniff.
  2. I love funny things and I love to laugh.

  3. I think my parents are fabulous and I am proud to be their daughter.

  4. My big toe nails are weird...back in the day I was a down hill ski racer and every season my big toe nails would turn black and blue and eventually fall off. This trauma left them a little wacky.

  5. I tend to hunch. However, I am working on improving my posture so I don't end up looking like a dainty Quasimodo.

Yesterday I had my last two pre-op appointments. The first was a Facebow fitting appointment. It was pretty quick and painless. It was at a hospital that I used to work at so I popped in and had a quick visit with some co-workers and then I was off to be measured with a piece of equipment that looked similair to the jawbreaker in the movie Saw. The resident and tech took some impressions and we chatted about an anesthetist who used to intubate himself and have OR staff find him in various places, Britney Spears unfortunate display at the VMA's, Miss Teen S. Carolina's personal thoughts and of course, my oral surgeon...apparently he is a Kiss fan. The second appointment was for 2 x-rays.

Today I spent most of the day tackling my "Orthognathic Surgery necessities" lists:

  • baby toothbrushes

  • vaseline and various lip stuff

  • hydrogen peroxide

  • q-tips

  • arnica gel

  • dry erase board

  • thermometer
  • Vitamin C and Zinc (which I have been taking for a few weeks)

  • Zip & squeeze bags

  • cool jaw wrap

  • 2 cold/heat pads

  • button up PJ's

  • decongestant nasal spray

Tomorrow Ry comes home from Vancouver. I am excited, it has only been 2 weeks but I miss him like crazy. Our little pug finnie will be so excited to see her Papa.







1 comment:

Ryan said...

I can't wait either Love!! You make me laugh, keep up the good work. Love you!!
your ry