Monday, September 10, 2007

Smokey says "Only you can prevent forest fires" and why the hell am I in North Van

I thought I would start off with 5 things about me...I have seen this on other blogs except they did 100 things...come on I don't even know 100 things about me.


  1. I tend to abuse the ... which I just found out thanks to Wikipedia...Ellipsis refers to the row of three full stops (... or . . . ) or asterisks (***) indicating an intentional omission. This punctuation mark is also called a suspension point, points of ellipsis, periods of ellipsis, or colloquially, dot-dot-dot. An ellipsis is sometimes used to indicate a pause in speech, an unfinished thought or, at the end of a sentence, a trailing off into silence. I learn something new every day.

  2. I am a closet Gilmore Girls fan and am quite sad that I won't be spending Tuesday nights with Lorelai and Rory. On this note I am also a closet Big Brother Fan....go Daniele.

  3. I love to eat chocolate ice cream with milk in it.

  4. My favorite person is my fiance Ryan.

  5. I had a birth mark near my right boob, when i was having my tonsils out at the age of 9 the medical staff decided to remove it thinking that when my tata's grew it would grow with them....let's just say they could have left it.

On to important goings on. My Fiance is attending school in Vancouver to be a prosthetist/orthotist. It is a four year program, 2 year didactic and 2 year internship. He is coming back to Saskatchewan for the internship portion so we decided to tough out the 2 years didactic and live apart....i highly do not recommend this, it blows. Ry is living with his aunt in North Vancouver in a beautiful home...thank you auntie Reenie. Yesterday Ry woke up, walked out to the living room, looked out the window to see police people looking up into a tree in the front yard. Curiosity got the best of this little lad, as he followed the gaze of the police people his eyes landed on a bear. Yup, a bear. A big black bear. I hoped to have a picture of this city dwelling bear but I don't as of yet. I do have a video of the bear falling tranquilized from the tree which is at a sideways angle so it looks like the bear is being sucked into a large vacuum.


update...Smokey pic




On an orthognathic note...only 8 days to go. I have a bit of a cold so i am downing the Vit C and Zinc in hopes to stomp this thing out prior to surgery. Nothing worse then waiting a zillion years for a surgery and getting cancelled due to a stinkin little cold. I am working 2 days (gotta love shift work) this week and then I am off for almost 4 weeks. I am not sure if this will be long enough but my fabulous boss offered more time if I need it. Ry is coming home this Friday to be with me for the week...see how could he not be my favorite person. Thanks love.


Here are some pics of my beautiful family.



To come...5 more lame things about me, hopefully a bear in a tree in Noth Van pic and some more on my upcoming surgery.


1 comment:

kiwilauren said...

Now here's a ridiculously delayed comment (I just found out about your blog)! Was my blog perhaps the inspiration for your "about me" section? :o)

Glad to hear you're feeling better after surgery. I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end!