Friday, October 26, 2007

1 week since surgery...written 5 and a half weeks since surgery.

The first week was awful. I had read that and was expecting bad...and it was. However, I got through it. I had tons of support which I think is key when going through something like this.

At this point I was getting a little skinny. I had lost about 12lbs....now the goal was calories.

My moma was so good to me. She frequently went and picked up Booster Juice for me. It was usually a bit thick to make it through the Zip-n-Squeeze and clenched teeth so we usually added some water. I had a mit and a glove that a wore because my hand would get so cold.
I also frequented a towl as a bib. With lack of feeling in my lips, I drooled...a lot. Swelling has gone down, eating (when I say eating I mean drinking everything) was getting easier. I was on my way to being a happy camper....if only this dang cough would go away. Thank goodness for Tussionex.


No comments: