Friday, October 26, 2007

I am (really was because of my procratinated blogging) in Vancouver

I left for Vancouver on October 4th. i was a little nervous about the flight and the pressure in my head. All was well. My OS had advised me to take a decongestant before flying. I did and had absolutely no problems. I even had an Iced Cap while waiting in the Calgary airport.
I was so happy to see Ry and I think he was pretty impressed with my new not so balloony face.
The first weekend I was there we went to The Weakerthans show which was so good. I think it was good for me to get out and do some head bopping...get that lymphatic system pumping. Before the concert we went for sushi...well Ry had sushi, I had miso soup....sad times.
My sleeping habits were still a little off. I was usually not able to fall asleep very easily...i was still sleeping propped up. I don't think I have mentioned this before now...I am sleeping on an incline. For the first week I was sleeping in the recliner and then after that in my bed with what has been termed the "pillow ladder" by some other post-op'ers. Sleeping with your head elevated helps decrease the swelling. Anyway, back to my sleeping habits or lack there of. I usually would fall asleep around 2 or 3 am and then sleep in until 11am...it was fabulous.
The pictures were taken on October 11. 3 weeks and 2 days post-op.





1 comment:

Ryan said...

I like this last picture..you look so cute like you know something we don't. Love you babe.