Friday, October 26, 2007

Day 2 Sept 20...written on day 38.

In hind site it wasn't so bad....however if you had asked me on day 2 I would have thought differently.

Day 2: Still in hospital on a surgical ward. Waiting for OS to come to write a discharge order and check my pumpkin face out.

I was so tired at this point. The morphine was discontinued and I was given Dilaudid for at home. Not much pain at this point. Still just totally uncomfortable. I was still feeling so stuffy, I was breathing through my mouth as well as I could and my mouth was continuously dry.

My OS came and said that things were looking good and I was able to head home. I had a shower before heading home hoping the steam would help with the crud in my nose. it really did, hot showers were now my buddy.

The hour and a bit drive home was fantastic. I slept.
Once at home we got all set up in my recliner. My good friend stopped by with a nebulizer and suction system...just in case. She made me giggle as she always does and was amazed at how bright my eyes looked.


hahaha...eyes not looking so bright in these mug shots.
Another product that is a must have is the Cool Jaw Wrap also from www.zip-n-squeeze.com/
It comes with its own little ice packs that slip into pockets. It was perfect. I did a ton of icing for the first week. It felt great as well as helped with my pumpkin head.

No comments: